Employer name: PGN Architects, Pllc
Position Title: Project Manager
Location: Washington, DC
I: Essential Job Functions:
- Plan, direct and monitor all aspects of projects, and for coordination of projects between PGN and its Clients, managing architectural projects from conception to completion;
- Responsible for leading, mentoring and motivating multiple architectural project teams from project inception through closeout;
- Communicate and coordinate project requirements with the project team and consultants;
- Determine and schedule different stages of the building process according to client needs and contract requirements;
- Oversee elements of the design and construction processes from site preparation to building completion, architectural project managers;
- Monitor on-site progress and ascertain whether phases of the construction process are in compliance with building plans and project deadlines;
- Analyze and estimate architectural project costs for labor, equipment and materials;
- Manage fees, scheduling and staffing for architectural projects;
- Monitor and track architectural project progress, invoicing and budgeting; Review and develop construction plans, drawings and diagrams, budgets and proposals for clients;
- Evaluate projects for value engineering and cost savings;
- Plan, organize, and control the activities of the project team to best accomplish the successful completion of all assigned projects;
- Provide leadership, vision and clear communication to the production personnel;
- Oversee quality control of contract documents to ensure projects conform to contract;
- Build, maintain and manage client relationships;
- Using allocated staff and resources, provide top quality service to the client;
- Maintain strong client relationships, meet project financial goals, and ensure the project team is providing high levels of client service and satisfaction;
- Ensure compliance with Washington, DC, building codes, zoning laws and permitting.
II: Experience or Qualifications Required:
- 3 years of experience start-to-finish development, design and coordination of construction documents involving multi-family housing/residential and commercial architectural projects, including performing quality control of project-related documents; managing team members and coordinating with consultants and designers; determining project coding and zoning requirements;
- Strong understanding of architectural principles/practices;
- Strong knowledge of Washington, DC, building codes, zoning laws and permitting;
- Strong knowledge of constructability, District of Columbia technical regulations and related code compliance;
Has demonstrated success as a project manager on various project types;
- Strong leadership, organization, communication (verbal + written) and relationship management skills;
- Technical skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, AutoCAD, Revit, Google SketchUp, Adobe Suite.
III: Educational Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Architecture.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, identifying “Project Manager” in the subject line. No telephone calls, please.
PGN Architects, Pllc is an equal opportunity employer.